Summary: The Gifts and Media Specialist assumes primary responsibility for the design, development maintenance and production of printed and electronic media, and promotion and maintenance of electronic social media and the processing and receipting of gifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include (but not limited to) the following:
- Maintain records of contributors and grants. Prepares letters of appreciation to be sent to contributors.
- Informs potential and present contributors of special needs of the organization.
- Assists the Development Manager through social media, print media, and other formats to encourage individuals, churches, corporations and foundations to establish or contribute to special funds through the United Methodist Church Advance, direct gifts, endowments, trusts, donations of gifts-in-kind, and bequests. May confer with attorneys and estate planners to establish the best methods of transferring bequeathed funds to benefit both donors and organization.
- Actively engage visitors of Red Bird and provide tours and other interactions.
- Designs and develops multimedia-based layouts, graphics, animation, video, sound and/or content for use on Mission websites.
- Maintains active social media presence which represents the values and mission of Red Bird Mission and Clinic. Keeps social media followers informed of upcoming events and opportunities for service in and around Red Bird Mission and Clinic.
- Works with Development Team and other Departments to review and recommend design and content materials for all Mission websites.
- Maintains and updates websites, ensures consistency, accuracy, and relevance of all web based information and media.
Graphic Design/Printed Materials
- Designs and develops print-based flyers, program, newsletters and other print documents using professional page layout and graphic design software.
- Composes, edits and proofreads copy for accuracy, grammar, punctuation, consistency and formatting.
Video and Audio Production
- Performs the technical duties in the production of video and audio projects (VD, DVD, video streaming, etc.).
- Aids in the production of video and audio media for the Mission, it’s ministries, and missionaries.
Expectations: It is expected that the Gifts and Media Specialist will…
- Recognize that this job is an important part of the functioning of Red Bird Mission and that the impact of the Mission depends on the collective witness of all its members.
- Strive to work positively with co-workers, volunteers, and business partners.
- Travel as a team member on craft shows and itineration to better understand Red Bird Mission’s donor constituency.
- Maintain personal habits and lead a personal life that is consistent with the calling of Red Bird Mission.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Will be a responsible employee by being prompt and ready to work at the designated times.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with electronic database entry and maintenance.
- Experience with Apple Computers and associated software (Adobe Creative Suite, etc).
- Experience with web site design and creation.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet and work well with other adults.
- Able to work with little supervision and be a self-motivator.
- A growing Christian experience.
A Gifts and Media Specialist should:
- be naturally creative and imaginative
- have a good understanding of computer technology and the technical processes involved
- be a team player and enjoy working alongside colleagues and external consultants
- be organized and self-motivated
- understand what appeals to different target audiences
- be a strong and persuasive communicator
- be comfortable presenting to audiences, including senior personnel
- work effectively to tight deadlines
- accept criticism and be able to work positively
- be flexible and willing to adapt design ideas to meet technical criteria
- have an eye for detail
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree with some coursework in a web or graphic design or a related field.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in web and/or graphic design preferable.
- Experience with and understanding of marketing for charitable giving.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current Driver’s License.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory criminal records check, child abuse registry check, sex offender registry check and Motor Vehicle Report.
- Each year comply with continuing education requirements for any certifications holding at time of hire and those obtain while an employee with Red Bird Mission.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Gifts and Media Specialist must be able to sit and work at a computer daily. Must be able to drive safely. Must be able to move quickly, even run if an emergency arises. Must be able to stoop, climb stairs, and move furniture on a regular basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.