Summary: Keeps school building in clean and orderly condition and tends furnace and air conditioner to provide heat, cool air, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sweeps, mops, and scrubs hallways, stairs and office space.
- Cleaning bathrooms each day with disinfect cleaner.
- Help clean cafeteria, set up for breakfast and lunch daily, and other school or mission activities.
- Clean tables, chairs, windows, walls and doors as needed.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Clean water fountains on a daily basis.
- Replaces air conditioner filters.
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Cleans snow and debris from sidewalk.
- Help keep the gym clean and ready for ball games and other school functions.
- Substitute in the kitchen as needed.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.